How to Join Post 372
Thank you for your interest in joining or transferring to Post 372. We are an active Post and you will most definitely enjoy being a member!
To join or transfer, please visit our NEW website http://alpost372fl.org and click on the Legion link at the top of the page. From there - click on the link in the body for transferring or joining (online or using documents on the site).
Eligibility in the American Legion is based on honorable service in the Armed Forces during the following dates:
Active duty service during April 6, 1917, to Nov. 11, 1918, or if you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving - you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
**U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
Due to Part 4, Chapter 76 of the Internal Revenue Manual, you must provide proof of American Legion eligibility. This can be done with your DD-214 or with your retired Military ID. We can then finalize the transfer by one of the following ways:
1. We have office hours on Tuesdays at the Mandarin/St. Johns Elks Lodge from 4:30 to 6:00pm where you can come turn in your paperwork. Please remember to bring a copy of proof of eligibility for verification;
2. You can come to our next meeting, with your proof of eligibility, on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:00pm at the Mandarin/St. Johns Elks Lodge. We have a social hour at 6:00pm, prior to the meeting, where you can meet our Officers and other members of Post 372;
3. You can print out the Transfer Form by clicking the Transfer Form button on the top of this page and return it with a copy of your proof of eligibility via mail to American Legion Mandarin Post 372, 11250-15 Old St. Augustine PMB #138, Jacksonville, FL 32257. Please indicate whether you would like your proof of eligibility destroyed or returned to you as we cannot maintain a copy due to security precautions;
4. You can scan your documents (transfer application and proof of eligibility) and email them to: email@example.com. Your proof of eligibility will be immediately deleted upon verification; or
5. You can reply to this email that you would like to transfer and text a copy of your proof of eligibility to (904) 903-6546. Our Adjutant will complete your paperwork for you. Again, your proof of eligibility will be immediately deleted upon verification.
Thank you again for your interest in joining Post 372!